June 4, 2015

Wild plants and animals in Lanark on my Homestead

There's lots of spring activity on the homestead.  I was trimming some bushes along the front of the house because I saw some wild blackberry brambles growing  and I'd rather have berries growing than landscape bushes.  Unfortunately I uncovered a birds next with tiny tiny birds in it.  So I put back all the branches I cut off and luckily momma bird returned and kept returning, thank goodness.



I'm starting to get interested in learning about mushrooms.  But of course I assume that they are all poisonous.  These are two kinds of mushrooms that I found on our property.  I have no idea what kind they are.  If anyone knows, please send me a comment.
I'm going to keep my eyes open looking for mushrooms in nature this year to see if i can recognize any.

START YOUR OWN HOMESTEAD THIS WEEKEND, BE SELF-SUFFICIENT